Comment on page
Removing and replacing the print bed
- 1.Simply push the front portion of your print bed forwards to free the two front tabs from the front slots
- 2.Lift from the front to clear the print bed from the slots
- 3.Pull backward to remove the back edge of the print bed
- 1.In order to replace the print bed, take the straight back edge of the print bed with the two front tabs facing towards you and slide the back edge into the back slot and push the print bed down flush
- 2.Slide the print bed backwards to lock the two front tabs into their slots
Here are the steps to remove your print bed with a flat edged tool, such as a putty knife if your print bed is stuck. To get the print bed out, you will need to use more force than normal because the print bed is slightly thicker than normal, hence the reason why it can be difficult to remove.
- 1.Insert the tool on the front side of the print bed and then push the print bed backwards to unlock it. The second image (white printer) shows how to use the extruder front cover to push the bed backwards.
- 2.Lift the print bed up with the tool. The second image (white printer) shows the exact same motion, but using the extruder's front cover as the tool instead.
- 3.Grab and remove the print bed from the printer.